Monday 10 June 2013

Campaign update

It has been a couple of weeks or so since my last campaign update blog.

Members across the region are now voting to order Labour's MEP candidates ahead of next year's European elections. Members can vote online or by returning their ballot paper by post.



I want to thank members who have already voted for me and given me their support, I am very grateful.

However, there is a long way to go. Please encourage your family, friends and colleagues to support me by voting for me as their first preference.

The hustings events organised by the East Midlands Labour Party have now concluded. Thank you to all those members who attended these events and asked questions. We had hustings events in Lincoln; Nottingham; Derby; Braunstone, Leicestershire; and Corby. There was also a hustings event held in Boslover as part of the Regional Local Government Day. Thank you also to our MEP Glenis Willmott who chaired all of these hustings events.

It has also been good to get lots of e-mails from members in the region asking a wide range of policy questions. I am doing my best to respond to e-mails as quickly as possible.

Since my last update blog, I have also attended the Knighton branch meeting in Leicester to discuss the European campaign; joined the celebration event following Vijay Riyait's city council by-election victory; and spoke about European campaign at the Leicestershire & Northamptonshire Co-op Party Weekend School in Corby.

Finally, I would like to say a big thank you to my excellent campaign team across the region. My campaign has been a real team effort and I appreciate everything that my friends, family and supporters have done so far. My sister even baked campaign cakes (see below) to rival Sarah Russell's chocolate 'squidgy' cake, which over the years has become a mainstay of Labour campaigns in Leicester!

If you can help in the next few weeks please get in touch here.

Campaign cakes, baked by my sister.

Vote RORY PALMER as your FIRST preference.
Tweet your support #Rory1forEastMids