Sunday 19 May 2013

Blog: campaign update

The campaign leading up to the MEP candidate ranking ballot is moving on at a pace. 

In a couple of weeks Labour Party members across the East Midlands will receive their ballot papers and will be asked to rank Labour's candidates in order of preference. This ballot will determine the order of Labour's candidates on the regional list for next year's European Parliament elections.

Our incumbent MEP Glenis Willmott is automatically top of Labour's list in the region. I am campaigning to be as high on the list of candidates as possible. I am campaigning to win this ballot and to win more MEP seats for Labour in our region.

It has been good to meet lots of members across the region in the last few weeks. I have attended hustings events in Lincoln, Nottingham and in Bolsover at the Labour East Midlands Local Government Day. It was also good to speak at Bosworth CLP earlier this week and to join members from Derbyshire at a curry night organised by Mid Derbyshire CLP.

On Thursday I was at a fundraising dinner in my home CLP, Leicester South, where he heard from Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls. It was good to see so many friends from across Leicestershire and beyond at this event.

Yesterday I was at the Labour East Midlands Local Government Day in Bolsover. This event was a good opportunity to discuss the challenges facing local government and to hear about the excellent and important work Labour councillors are doing in all parts of the region.

I am looking forward to the hustings events scheduled over the next couple of weeks (details here) and to meeting Labour Party members across the region. Thank you to everyone who has already pledged their support for me in the ballot, and thank you to my campaign team.

Find out who is supporting Rory here.
Tweet your support: #Rory1forEastMids
Like my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RoryPalmerLabour 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.