Wednesday 6 February 2013

Campaigning in Nottinghamshire

It was good to be back in Bassetlaw at the weekend supporting our campaign for the Nottinghamshire County Council elections. 

A good team were out knocking on doors in Carlton-in-Lindrick supporting Councillor Alan Rhodes, who is the Labour Group Leader at County Hall.

Having grown up in north Nottinghamshire, it would be great to see Labour take back control of Nottinghamshire County Council this May.

The streets of Bassetlaw, mainly Worksop, but also Carlton, Langold, Harworth, Retford and Warsop, are where I did my first campaigning for Labour. It now seems many years ago that I went along to my first local branch meeting, Worksop North East, and then to my first Constituency Party meeting at the old Labour Party offices in Worksop, near the gas works, on Church Walk.

I learnt a lot from members in Bassetlaw and from those early days campaigning. Bassetlaw District Council is Labour-controlled again, and it would be great to see Labour back in power at County Hall again this May.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.